Last updated: September 24, 2019
General Statements On Terms
Changes to the Terms and Privacy Statement
The Websites and Services are intended solely and only available to individuals who are at least 21 years of age. You may be asked to verify that you are over 21 years of age during your use of the Websites or Services and you hereby agree that you shall not misrepresent your age. Without limiting the foregoing, the Websites and Services are not available to minors or suspended members or users. You further represent that any party you invite to participate in any of the Services or related functions with you is also at least 21 years of age.
By accessing or using the Websites or Services, you consent to receiving certain communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you in a variety of ways, including, without limitation, by e-mail, text, or by posting notices and messages on the Websites or through any of the Services. By accessing or using the Websites or Services, you willingly and knowingly agree that all contracts, notices, disclosures, agreements, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Using The Services
User Registration and Accounts
In order to access or use some of the Websites or Services, you must first register and create an individual profile for yourself or a business for such Website or Service (each a “User Profile“).
By creating a User Profile, you agree that:
- You will not register a username (or email address) that (a) is already being used by someone else; (b) may impersonate another person; (c) belongs to another person; (d) violates the intellectual property or other right of any person or entity; or (d) is offensive. We may reject the use of any password, username, or email address for any reason in our sole discretion;
- You will provide true, accurate, current, and complete registration information about yourself in connection with the registration process and, as permitted, to maintain and update it continuously and promptly to keep it accurate, current, and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, outdated, or incomplete, LiefMed may suspend or terminate your account and refuse you any and all current or future access to or use of the Websites and Services (or any portion thereof). If you fail to update your information in a timely manner, then LiefMed has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, outdated or incomplete, which will allow LiefMed to suspend or terminate your account and refuse you any and all current or future access or use of the Websites and Services (or any portion thereof);
- You will not post libelous content or create false or misleading reviews or posts;
- You are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your account, password, and username—whether or not you authorized the activity;
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and the other Protected Information (as defined below) and for restricting access to your account so that others may not access any password-protected portion of the Websites or Services using your Protected Information;
- You will immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Protected Information, or any other breach of security;
- You will not sell, transfer, assign, or provide a copy of, your account, account rights, user ID, password, API keys, menu embed code, or other credentials or access rights (the “Protected Information”) for any of the Websites or Services to any other person or entity. You must keep all of the Protected Information in strict confidence;
- You will not share or allow any third party to utilize your account on your behalf or on a time share basis;
- You will not create more than one account unless specifically authorized to do so; and
- You will not use Protected Information of others.
LiefMed is not liable for any loss or damage (of any kind and under any legal theory) to you or any third party arising from your inability or failure for any reason to comply with any of the foregoing obligations.
Your User Profile cannot be used to conduct commercial activities, including, but not limited to, reselling, transactions, advertising, fundraising, contests, or other promotions absent our prior written consent. Any User or account found to be reselling LiefMed products or Services without the written permission of LiefMed will be immediately suspended and prohibited from purchasing any LiefMed products and Services through the Websites. We may offer you the ability to set preferences relating to your User Profile, but changes to your settings may not become effective immediately or be error free, and options may change from time-to-time. LiefMed assumes no responsibility or liability for any issues, problems, or Content (as defined below) on your User Profile.
User Profiles may only be set up by an authorized representative of the individual or business that is the subject of the User Profile. LiefMed does not review each User Profile to determine if it was created by an appropriate party. In addition, LiefMed is not responsible for any unauthorized User Profiles that may appear on the Services. If you believe that a User Profile listed on one of the Websites is unauthorized, fake, fraudulent, or otherwise improper or misleading, please send an email to email@example.com.
LiefMed is Not a Medical Services Provider; FDA Disclaimer
LiefMed does not provide medical services, consultation, advice or recommendations. LiefMed is not a doctor or a medical professional services provider. Any suggestions are based on user data and are not in any manner represented or intended by LiefMed to constitute medical advice, diagnosis, or consultation. All suggestions are to be taken or rejected at your sole and exclusive discretion. LiefMed makes no representations, warranties, guarantees, or promises as to the suitability of any particular product for any particular purpose or its effects on you or others.
The information provided is designed for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, we suggest consulting with a physician before using any Products.
For purposes of these Terms, (a) “Content” means all text, images, photos, audio, video, graphics, reviews, product labeling and categorization, location data, and all other forms of data, communication, or media, (b) “User Content” means Content that users submit or transmit to, through, or in connection with the Websites or Services, such as ratings, reviews, orders, favorites, photos, videos, media, messages, social media posts or Services, comments, and information that such user publicly displays or displayed in its User Profile, and including any electronic data or information with respect to a user’s customers, (c) “LiefMed Content” means Content that we create or is otherwise owned by us that we make available in connection with the Websites or Services, (d) “Third Party Content” means Content that originates from parties other than LiefMed or users of any of the Websites or Services, which is made available in connection with the Websites or Services and not otherwise owned by us, and (e) “Website Content” means all of the Content that is made available in connection with the Websites or Services, including User Content, Third Party Content (and Third Party Material (as defined below)), and LiefMed Content.
We invite Users to share their experiences of the Services and Websites. All User Content is the opinion of their respective author and not those of LiefMed or its affiliates. LiefMed neither sponsors, endorses, nor necessarily shares the opinions of the author(s). LiefMed has not authorized or verified any statements posted by any User and LiefMed is not responsible for any User Content. LiefMed may, from time to time and at its sole discretion, determine the suitability of User Content on the Services or Websites. We always invite your comments and you are welcome to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
By submitting User Content, you represent, warrant, and covenant:
- That you own, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and/or permissions, and authorize LiefMed, its applicable affiliates, the Websites, the Services, and all users thereof, to use such User Content as necessary to exercise the licenses granted by you hereunder (including with respect to all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights to your User Content, and to any other works that you incorporate into your User Content);
- That the creation, distribution, transmission, public display and performance, accessing, downloading, and copying of your User Content does not and will not infringe the proprietary rights or otherwise cause injury to any other person or entity, including any such person or entity using the Websites, Services, or otherwise, and that LiefMed is under no obligation to post any User Content that you provide and reserves the right to post our own versions of your User Content as LiefMed Content in our sole discretion;
- That you will not post, transmit, broadcast, or otherwise make available any User Content that is unlawful, misleading, harmful, bigoted, offensive, profane, insensitive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, tortious, libelous, slanderous, pornographic, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, invasive of another’s privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable (hereinafter, “Offensive Content”);
- That you are at least 21 years and you acknowledge that persons under 21 may not submit User Content to LiefMed, the Websites, or the Services; and
- That LiefMed may, in its sole discretion, monitor the User Content you submit and any other communications that you may have, but is under no obligation to do so.
By submitting User Content, you acknowledge that you may expose yourself to liability if, for example, your User Content contains material that is false, intentionally misleading or defamatory; violates any third party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; contains material that is unlawful, including illegal hate speech or pornography; exploits or otherwise harms minors; or violates or advocates the violation of any law or regulation.
License to User and Third Party Content/Data
As between you and LiefMed, you retain ownership of the User Content that you post, submit, provide, or otherwise make available on or through the Websites or Services. However, by submitting your User Content, you hereby grant LiefMed and all Websites and Services, the following worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, sublicensable and transferable rights and licenses:
- To host, cache, store, archive, index, crawl, create algorithms based on, modify, or transcode your User Content to media formats, standards, or mediums in any and all forms and by whatever means whether now known or hereinafter devised or created, and to exploit any and all allied, ancillary, and subsidiary rights relating thereto and derived therefrom;
- To use, license, sell, digitize, stream, store, distribute, exhibit, reproduce, commercialize, publicize, display, modify, adapt, edit, excerpt, communicate, translate, analyze, remove, prepare derivative works and compilations of, compress, transmit, integrate, insert, market, and promote your anonymized User Content in any and all forms and media and by whatever means whether now known or hereinafter devised or created, and to exploit any and all allied, ancillary, and subsidiary rights relating thereto and derived therefrom;
- To use your User Content, in whole or in part, for advertising, promotional, or commercial purposes, including without limitation, the right to publicly display, reproduce, and distribute your User Content in any and all forms and media and by whatever means whether now known or hereinafter devised or created, and to exploit any and all allied, ancillary, and subsidiary rights relating thereto and derived therefrom; and
- To grant any rights or licenses to any third parties to do any of the foregoing in the above clauses (1) – (3) in connection with their own websites and media platforms.
You irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, against LiefMed and its users, any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your User Content.
LiefMed does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, quality, or authenticity of any User Content. You understand that by using the Websites and Services, you may be exposed to Offensive Content that may be unpleasant, indecent, or objectionable to some viewers. Under no circumstances will LiefMed be liable in any way for any such Offensive Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Offensive Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of any Offensive Content uploaded, posted, transmitted, broadcast, transferred, or otherwise made available via LiefMed, the Websites, Services, or any related process or venue.
You hereby grant LiefMed the right and license to use any data, images, or information that is pushed or otherwise transferred to us through any of our APIs by you or by any third party on your behalf (“User Licensed Data”) for any purpose relating to any of the businesses of LiefMed or for any purpose relating to the Websites or Services, including in connection with displaying any data, images, or information on the Websites. If you are a wholesaler, reseller, vendor or retailer of LiefMed products or Services, you hereby grant LiefMed the right and license to use any data, images, or information that that you publish on your website (“Retailer Licensed Data” and together with User Licensed Data, “Licensed Data”) for any purpose relating to any of the businesses of LiefMed or for any purpose relating to the Websites or Services, including in connection with displaying any data, images, or information on the Websites. You acknowledge and agree that we shall have the right to reformat, improve, modify, adapt, derive, redisplay, and/or reprocess any of the Licensed Data and that we shall exclusively own all derivative works, graphical layouts, compilations, improvements, modifications, adaptations, analyses, and interpretations of the Licensed Data. Interpretations or translations of any of the Licensed Data prepared by LiefMed shall be owned exclusively by us.
LiefMed may also provide users with the ability to login to the Websites or Services with your login credentials from other social networking websites (e.g., Facebook, Google). If you log in or otherwise associate your User Account with your login credentials from a social networking or similar website, we may use any information about you that is from or otherwise posted on your social networking account, in accordance with the terms and conditions and related legal and user policies of the relevant social networking website. If you elect to share your information with any number of social networking websites, we will then share your information with the websites you name, in accordance with your election, and per their terms and conditions.
Third Party Materials
The Website or Services might display, include, or make available Third Party Content (including data, information, articles, applications or other products, services, and/or materials) or contain links to third party websites, services, and advertisements for third party offers (collectively, the “Third Party Materials”). You acknowledge and agree that LiefMed is not responsible for Third Party Materials, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality, or any other aspect thereof. LiefMed does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or user for any Third Party Materials. Third Party Materials and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you and you access and use them entirely at your own risk. When you link to a Third Party Material, the applicable third party’s terms and policies apply, including the third party’s privacy and data gathering practices. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction in connection with such Third Party Material.
Indemnity and Release
If there is a dispute between users of the Websites or Services (each, a “Dispute”), you understand and agree that LiefMed and its affiliates (including the Websites and the Services) are under no obligation to become involved in such Dispute.
You hereby release and forever discharge LiefMed (and its owners, directors, managers, officers, partners, employees, independent contractors, and agents, and successors and assigns of itself or its affiliates) from, and hereby waive and relinquish your rights with respect to, each and every past, present, and future dispute, claim, controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action, and cause of action of every kind and nature (including personal injuries, death, and property damage), that has arisen or arises directly or indirectly out of, or relates directly or indirectly to, any interactions with, or act or omission of, other Websites or Services or Third Party Materials. For the avoidance of doubt, this release includes a release of any dispute, claim, controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action, and cause of action arising out of or in any way related to a Dispute, regardless of whether such dispute, claim, controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action, and cause of action are known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed. If you are a California resident or resident of a state with a similar applicable law, you hereby waive California Civil Code section 1542 in connection with the foregoing (or such other similar applicable law in your state), which states: “a general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.”
Ownership; Proprietary Rights
As between you and LiefMed, you own your User Content. We own the LiefMed Content, including but not limited to visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, design, compilation, including, but not limited to, our compilation of User Content and other Website Content, computer code, products, software, data, aggregate user review ratings and all other elements and components of the Websites but excluding User Content and Third Party Material. We also own the patents, patent applications, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade secrets and other intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world (“IP Rights”) associated with the LiefMed Content, the Websites, and the Services, which are protected by copyright, trade secret, patent, trademark laws, and all other applicable intellectual property and proprietary rights and laws. As such, you may not use, modify, duplicate, obscure, rent, lease, loan, sell, manipulate, reproduce, copy, republish, download, post, transmit, scrape, reverse engineer, distribute, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, or in any way exploit any of the LiefMed Content, Websites, or the Services or any of the IP Rights of LiefMed, in whole or in part, unless expressly authorized by us in writing. Except as expressly and unambiguously provided herein, we do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in and to the Websites and the LiefMed Content are retained by us.
It is LiefMed’s policy, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, to disable, eliminate access to and/or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights of others.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”), the text of which can be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website, LiefMed will respond appropriately to claims and reports of copyright infringement taking place on or through the Websites.
If you are a copyright owner, an authorized representative of a copyright owner, or an authorized representative permitted to act under an exclusive right per an applicable copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the Websites by contacting us and describing the alleged.
The Websites and Services contain links to third party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that LiefMed is not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by LiefMed of such websites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources or the Content, products, or Services on or available from such websites or resources.
You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for compliance with any and all laws, rules, and regulations that may apply to your use of the Websites or Services. In connection with your access or use of any of the Websites or Services, you may not and will not:
- Upload, post, transmit, broadcast or otherwise make available any Offensive Content, including any User Content that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory or otherwise objectionable;
- Breach or circumvent any laws, third party rights or our systems, policies, or determinations of your account status;
- Review the information and data on our Websites, and/or utilize our Services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example, if you are under the age of 21), or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our Websites or Services;
- Upload, post, transmit, broadcast, sell, transfer or otherwise make available any User or Website Content that is inauthentic, counterfeit, or that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Register for more than one User Profile on any of the Websites, with the sole exception being given to Retail partners who also wish to create a personal account for personal use, or register for a User Profile on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or a company that you are not authorized to represent or legally bind to a contract;
- Manipulate the price of any item or interfere with any other user’s listings, reviews, and products;
- Take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems of the Websites or Services;
- Transfer your User Profile to another individual or entity without our prior written consent;
- Distribute, promote, advertise, or post spam, unsolicited or bulk electronic communications, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any related content;
- Interfere with or disrupt any Website processes, servers or networks supporting the Websites and/or LiefMed;
- Impair or harm any of our computer or related systems or transmit software viruses, worms, or other damaging files;
- Use any robot, spider, scraper, survey, monitor, or other automated or similar means to access any web page or other asset contained in the Websites, Services, or Website Content for any purpose;
- Bypass our robot exclusion headers, interfere with the working of our Services, features or tools, or impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- Export or re-export any LiefMed’s application or tools except in compliance with the export control laws of any relevant jurisdictions and in accordance with all relevant posted rules and restrictions;
- Insult, threaten, stalk, harass, mislead or deceive other users of the Websites or Services, or in any way promote the discrimination or defamation of other users, or create any other objectionable material;
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, international law, rule or ordinance or the following federal laws or regulations: those promulgated by the U.S. Copyright Office, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the Internal Revenue Service, the European Enforcement Directive of 2004, or any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any other regulations and/or guidelines having the force of law;
- Provide material support or resources (or to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the United States Immigration and Nationality Act;
- Refuse to acknowledge that LiefMed may establish general practices and limitations concerning use of the Websites and Services, including without limitation restrictions concerning User Content provided by you for use on the Websites and Services, the type and quantity of transactional data stored and presented in connection with your account, the maximum disk space that will be allotted on LiefMed’s servers on your behalf, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the Websites and Services in any given period of time;
- Export any Website Content out of the jurisdiction in which it is intended or displayed;
- Access the Websites or Services in order to build a similar or competitive Website or Service;
- Send electronic transmissions (including but not limited to interactive monetary offers, audio-video communications, email, search queries, chat and other Internet activities) as interstate communications;
- Circumvent any technical measures we use to provide Services; or
- Assist any third party with any of the foregoing.
You fully understand, acknowledge and agree that LiefMed may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate your LiefMed User Profile and access to the Websites, Services and any other related or affiliated applications, functions, and tools. Cause for account termination or suspension shall include, but not be limited to: (1) breaches or violations of these Terms or other incorporated agreements, guidelines, or rules; (2) requests by law enforcement or other local, state or federal government agencies or divisions; (3) any attempts to breach our security, private accounts, or other protected content on the Websites; (4) discontinuance or significant modification to the Websites or Services, or any related or affiliated website owned and/or operated by LiefMed (or any part thereof); (5) unforeseen technical, electronic, mechanical or any other difficulties or security issues; (6) prolonged inactivity of your account, which shall be determined solely by LiefMed; (7) knowing, willing and/or negligent engagement by you in any form of deceitful, fraudulent, counterfeit or illegal activities; and/or (8) failure by you, or by your representatives, to pay, in full, any fees owed by you in connection with the Websites or any related or affiliated Service, business or website. Termination of a User Profile will deny you access to our Services, delay or remove User Content that you submitted or commented on, remove any special status associated with your account(s), remove and demote listings, reduce or eliminate any discounts or special offers, and take technical and/or legal steps to prevent you from using our Websites and Services in the future. LiefMed has the right to investigate and prosecute violations of any of the above to the fullest extent of the law.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY ACKOWLEDGE, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE THAT:
- YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITES AND SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITES AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. LIEFMED AND ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, SHAREHOLDERS, OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, CONSULTANTS, AND AGENTS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY OTHER POTENTIAL OR ACTUAL WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- LIEFMED AND ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, SHAREHOLDERS, OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, CONSULTANTS, AND AGENTS MAKE NO GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY THAT: (1) THE WEBSITES AND SERVICES WILL SATISFY YOUR NEEDS AND REQUIREMENTS OR WILL BE COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR EQUIPMENT; (2) THE WEBSITES AND SERVICES, AND ALL AFFILIATED WEBSITES, FEATURES, SERVICES, COMMUNICATIONS, AND APPLICATIONS, WILL BE COMPREHENSIVE, UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, OR BE FREE FROM LOSS, DESTRUCTION, CORRUPTION, ONLINE ATTACK, VIRUSES, WORMS, OR OTHER INVASIVE, HARMFUL, OR CORRUPTED OR OTHER RELATED INTRUSIONS; (3) THE INFORMATION, DATA, OR RESULTS REALIZED OR OBTAINED FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES WILL BE ACCURATE, UP TO DATE, SATISFACTORY, RELIABLE, OR FIT FOR USE FOR ANY SPECIFIC PURPOSE; (4) THE QUALITY OR VALUE OF ANY PROPERTIES, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIALS PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITES AND SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; (5) THAT ANY OFFER MADE OR MESSAGE SENT WILL BE SUCCESSFULLY TRANSMITTED, RECEIVED, AND PROCESSED; AND (6) ANY ERRORS IN THE GUIDELINES, SOFTWARE, OR PROTOCOLS WILL BE CORRECTED OR RESOLVED.
- ANY PRODUCT OR PROGRAM DOWNLOADED OR SERVICE UTILIZED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEBSITES AND SERVICES IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE AND FULLY LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE, LOSS OF DATA, OR ANY OTHER LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF ANY SUCH PRODUCT, MATERIAL, APPLICATION, FEATURE, OR OTHER PROGRAM.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, INCLUDING PRODUCT INFORMATION OR RELATED CONTENT, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM LIEFMED OR FROM THE WEBSITES, SERVICES, OR RELEVANT SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR STRATEGY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS.
- VETTING BY LIEFMED OF EACH AND EVERY DOCUMENT, PHOTOGRAPH, VIDEO, REVIEW, RELATED MEDIA, POSTING, OR OTHER COMMUNICATION, IN ADDITION TO ANY OTHER CONTENT POSTED VIA THE WEBSITES OR SERVICES, MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE OR REALISTICALLY PRACTICABLE. AS A RESULT, LIEFMED CANNOT AND DOES NOT CONTROL ANY LISTING REVIEWS, COMMENTS, PHOTOGRAPHS, OPINIONS, POSTINGS, OR OTHER CONTENT OR MATERIAL POSTED VIA THE WEBSITES OR SERVICES AND, AS SUCH, DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, INTEGRITY, QUALITY, SAFETY, LEGALITY, MORALITY, AND/OR AUTHENTICITY OF SUCH CONTENT, THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF USERS’ CONTENT, THE ABILITY OF LISTINGS TO CONFIRM PRODUCT AVAILABILITY OR PRICING, OR THE ABILITY OF USERS TO CONFIRM EXPERIENCES FROM USING OR PURCHASING SPECIFIC PRODUCTS DISCUSSED OR SOLD ON THE WEBSITES OR SERVICES.
Limitation of Liability
- LIEFMED IS UNABLE TO GUARANTEE CONSISTENT, CONTINUOUS, OR SECURE ACCESS TO ITS WEBSITES, APPLICATIONS, SERVICES, PROGRAMS, CONTENT, AND NETWORK. OPERATION OF THE WEBSITES AND SERVICES MAY BE INTERFERED WITH OR DELAYED BY NUMEROUS POTENTIAL FACTORS OUTSIDE OF LIEFMED’s CONTROL. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE THAT LIEFMED AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, LICENSEES, AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY, REPUTATION, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, VALUATION, TAX BENEFIT, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF LIEFMED HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (1) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE AND/OR NETWORK; (2) THE COST TO PROCURE SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION, OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED, OR MESSAGES, E-MAILS, REVIEWS, POSTINGS, COMMENTS, OR OTHER COMMUNICATIONS RECEIVED, OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO VIA THE WEBSITES OR OTHER AFFILIATED OR RELATED WEBSITES OR SERVICES; (3) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, WITHOUT OR IN EXCESS OF AUTHORIZATION, OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (4) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE WEBSITES; (5) THE FAILURE OF THE NETWORK OR WEBSITES TO TIMELY PROCESS AN OFFER; OR (6) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE WEBSITES, ANY LIEFMED AFFILIATED OR RELATED SERVICES, FEATURES OR APPLICATIONS, OR ANY OTHER LIEFMED OWNED OR OPERATED ENTITY. FURTHER, LIEFMED IS NOT A PARTY TO ANY SUCH TRANSACTIONS MADE BETWEEN LISTING CLIENTS AND USERS, AND LIEFMED SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DEFAULTS, COSTS, INFORMATION, THE CONTENTS OF ANY DOCUMENTS, OR FOR ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS, BETWEEN OR AMONG USERS, INCLUDING USERS, LISTINGS, PHYSICIANS, AND ALL RELATED PARTIES, IN ANY WAY ASSOCIATED WITH THE WEBSITES OR SERVICES.
- SOME STATES, COUNTIES, OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER RELATED DAMAGES OR LOSSES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Choice Of Law; Venue; No Jury Trial
The laws of the State of California, excluding California’s conflict of laws rules, will apply to any disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms or any of the Websites or Services. All claims arising out of or relating to these Terms or any of the Websites or Services will be litigated exclusively in the State Courts of [Los Angeles County], California, and you and LiefMed consent to personal jurisdiction in those courts. You expressly waive the jurisdiction of the federal courts and covenant not to bring any action arising under or related to this agreement in federal court or to remove any such state action to federal court.
Reservation of Rights
The failure of LiefMed to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of LiefMed. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
Third Party Beneficiary
These Terms do not and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than you and LiefMed.
Support or Maintenance
You acknowledge and agree that LiefMed will have no obligation to provide you with any support or maintenance in connection with the Websites or Services.
United States Export & Foreign Assets Control Regulations
We do not represent that the materials in the Website or Services are appropriate or available for use in any particular location. The Services are governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of the United States. Those who choose to access the Website or Services do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws. If you are located outside of the United States, you use the Services and Websites at your own risk. In particular, your information will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Services or Websites, you acknowledge that the data protection and other laws of other countries, such as the United States, may provide less comprehensive or protective standard of protection than those in your country, and you consent to your information being collected, processed and transferred as set forth in these Terms. You further represent and warrant that you are not (a) located in or a national or resident of any country that is subject to U.S. trade sanctions, or (b) a person or entity on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons or acting on behalf of any person or entity on such list.
If any of the conditions contained within these Terms shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining conditions set forth herein.
No Right Of Survivorship And Non-Transferability
You agree that your LiefMed account is non-transferable and any rights to your Website user identification or contents within your accounts terminate upon your death.
The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
Acknowledgement of Federal Law
Pursuant to the Agricultural Improvement Act of 2018, industrial hemp is not listed on Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
Acknowledgement of State Law
You expressly acknowledge, agree, and understand that the use, possession, cultivation, manufacturing, transportation and distribution of hemp and hemp derived CBD products is illegal in certain states.
Acknowledgement of the Laws of Your Location
While the website may be accessed from various locations, the Service is currently available only to Users located in certain states, cities, counties, municipalities, and jurisdictions, determined at the sole discretion of LiefMed (“Service Area”). In all scenarios, you must abide by and follow the applicable laws of the state, city, county, municipality, or jurisdiction in which you are located in order to use the Website. You expressly acknowledge, agree, understand, and assume full responsibility for cooperating with the laws of your place of location while using the Website. LiefMed reserves the right to determine or change its Service Area in its sole discretion at any time.
You and LiefMed agree that any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof or the use of the LiefMed Platform (collectively, “Disputes”) will be settled by binding arbitration, except that each party retains the right to bring an individual action in small claims court and the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a party’s copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents or other intellectual property rights. You acknowledge and agree that you and LiefMed are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate as a plaintiff or class User in any purported class action or representative proceeding. Further, unless both you and LiefMed otherwise agree in writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of any class or representative proceeding. If this specific paragraph is held unenforceable, then the entirety of this “Dispute Resolution” section will be deemed void. Except as provided in the preceding sentence, this “Dispute Resolution” section will survive any termination of this Agreement.
Arbitration Rules & Governing Law
The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect, except as modified by this “Dispute Resolution” section (the AAA Rules are available at adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879). The Federal Arbitration Act will govern the interpretation and enforcement of this Section.
A party who desires to initiate arbitration must provide the other party with a written Demand for Arbitration as specified in the AAA Rules. If needed, the AAA provides a form Demand for Arbitration and additional forms at adr.org. The arbitrator will be either a retired judge or an attorney licensed to practice law in the state where the arbitration will be conducted and will be selected by the parties from the AAA’s roster of consumer dispute arbitrators. If the parties are unable to agree upon an arbitrator within seven (7) days of delivery of the Demand for Arbitration, then the AAA will appoint the arbitrator in accordance with the AAA Rules.
Arbitration Location & Procedure
Unless you and LiefMed otherwise agree, the arbitration will be conducted in the county where you reside. If your claim does not exceed $10,000, then the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents you and LiefMed submit to the arbitrator, unless you request a hearing or the arbitrator determines that a hearing is necessary. If your claim exceeds $10,000, your right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Subject to the AAA Rules, the arbitrator will have the discretion to direct a reasonable exchange of information by the parties, consistent with the expedited nature of the arbitration.
The arbitrator will render an award within the time frame specified in the AAA Rules. The arbitrator’s decision will include the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator based the award. Judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator’s award damages must be consistent with the terms of the “Limitation of Liability” section above as to the types and the amounts of damages for which a party may be held liable. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the claimant and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by the claimant’s individual claim. The prevailing party in arbitration will be entitled to an award of attorneys’ fees and expenses, to the extent provided under applicable law.
Your responsibility to pay any AAA filing, administrative, and arbitrator fees will be solely as set forth in the AAA Rules.
Notwithstanding the provisions of the modification-related provisions above, if LiefMed changes this “Dispute Resolution” section after the date you first accepted this Agreement (or accepted any subsequent changes to this Agreement), you may reject any such change by sending us a notice to email@example.com with “Legal” in the subject line within 30 days of the date such change became effective, as indicated in the “Last Updated Date” above or in the date of LiefMed’s email to you notifying you of such change. By rejecting any change, you are agreeing that you will arbitrate any Dispute between you and LiefMed in accordance with the provisions of this “Dispute Resolution” section as of the date you first accepted this Agreement (or accepted any subsequent changes to this Agreement).
Charges, Billing & Refunds
You understand and acknowledge that you may incur fees or charges from LiefMed, or other third parties in connection with the goods and services purchased or facilitated through the LiefMed Platform (“Charges”). All Charges will be identified in your cart prior to or during checkout, and in your receipt. Such Charges may include some combination of the following:
- Retail Price. The “Retail Price” of goods are displayed with that item on the LiefMed Platform. The displayed Retail Price may include discounts, promotions, and price reductions at the sole discretion of LiefMed. At checkout, the combined Retail Price of goods and accessories is the subtotal of an order as shown in your cart.
- State Taxes. We charge applicable “State Taxes,” on sales of goods and accessories based on the state of your location, pursuant to state laws and regulations.
- Local Taxes. We charge applicable “Local Taxes” on sales of hemp goods. Local Taxes may be based on the city, county, municipality, or other jurisdictional location of your delivery address, pursuant to local laws and regulations.
- Sales Tax. We charge applicable “Sales Tax” on all sales of hemp goods. Sales tax may be based on the state, city, county, municipality, or other jurisdictional location of your delivery address, pursuant to applicable laws and regulations.
- Other Taxes. You may be charged additional taxes based on applicable laws and regulations. Such taxes may vary depending on the laws and regulations in place at the time of your purchase.
- Cancellation Fee. After placing an order, you may cancel it through the Wesbite, but you may be charged a “Cancellation Fee” in certain circumstances.
- Service Fee. In some instances, you may be charged a “Service Fee” for some orders. A description for any applicable Service Fee will be available at checkout.
LiefMed may change any Charges at its sole discretion and reserves the right to determine final prevailing pricing. Please note that pricing information published on the LiefMed Platform may not accurately reflect pricing. LiefMed may, at its sole discretion, make promotional offers with differing features and/or Charges to any individual or User. Such offers, unless made to you, have no bearing whatsoever on your use of the LiefMed Platform.
You may receive Promotions (defined below) or Referral Codes (defined below) that you can apply toward payment of certain Charges. Promotions or Referral Codes are only valid for use on the LiefMed Platform, and are not transferable or redeemable for cash except as required by law. Additional restrictions on Promotions or Referral Codes may apply as communicated to you in a relevant promotion.
All Charges are due immediately and are non-refundable. This no-refund policy shall apply at all times regardless of your decision to terminate usage of the LiefMed Platform, LiefMed’s decision to terminate your usage, any disruption to the LiefMed Platform, or any other reason whatsoever. If you are dissatisfied with any of the Products you receive, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the Websites or any of the Services we provide, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call 213-437-3119.